Login  •  Register

The time is now: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:47 am 
Space Cadet

I am trying to find an unpacked ROM. That is one that is not a tome.

I followed the instructions and got the ROM update from Apple.com but I do not have access to a classic mac environment so I cant extract the ROM file from the tome (ie using TomeViewer).

Does anyone know where to get a ROM file that will work with SheepShaver and OS 9?

On a side note, does anyone know if the game Specter VR will work with OS 9 and if not, what OS would I need?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a topic that has been (extensively) covered. (I tried searching through the forum for a solution but found nothing)

Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:09 am 
Site Admin

I think we have a policy of not linking to ROMs. But what the heck, they are really old...

http://www.redundantrobot.com/sheepshaver-tutorial/

SheepShaver is good for Mac OS 9.0.4. If Spectre VR will run in 9.0.4, SheepShaver will probably be good for you!

Post a reply  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:20 am 
Master Emulator

jet wrote:
I am trying to find an unpacked ROM. That is one that is not a tome.

I followed the instructions and got the ROM update from Apple.com but I do not have access to a classic mac environment so I cant extract the ROM file from the tome (ie using TomeViewer).

Does anyone know where to get a ROM file that will work with SheepShaver and OS 9?

On a side note, does anyone know if the game Specter VR will work with OS 9 and if not, what OS would I need?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a topic that has been (extensively) covered. (I tried searching through the forum for a solution but found nothing)

Find a working Power Mac 8500/9500 or Beige G3, or a newer Mac running 8.6, and use the vMac's CopyROM tool or directly copy the Mac OS ROM file(if it runs 8.6).

Post a reply