Login  •  Register

The time is now: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 9 of 9 [ 210 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:47 pm 
Expert User

Well, if that game cannot be used with QT 4 and indeed needs QT 6, it will not run in SheepShaver.

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 pm 
Student Driver

Is there something like list of Sheepshaver compatible games?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:13 pm 
Expert User

Check the software on the Macintosh Garden site. Many games there that will run in SheepShaver and/or BasiliskII. If a game is known to work in SheepShaver, it is labeled as "This game works with: SheepShaver".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 pm 
Forum All-Star

I'd call it The Macintosh Garden :)

Any game that requires Quicktime 6 is likely Carbon friendly though, and so will run under OS X 10.2 through 10.4.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 pm 
Student Driver

adespoton wrote:
I'd call it The Macintosh Garden :)

Any game that requires Quicktime 6 is likely Carbon friendly though, and so will run under OS X 10.2 through 10.4.

What it measn real Mac only or is possible to use some emulator?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 pm 
Student Driver

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
Check the software on the Macintosh Garden site. Many games there that will run in SheepShaver and/or BasiliskII. If a game is known to work in SheepShaver, it is labeled as "This game works with: SheepShaver".

Yeah i know it, but it is different thing, click games one by one and have something like compatibility list as for other emulators.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 pm 
Forum All-Star

Before I try to reinvent the wheel, has anyone developed a standalone package of SheepShaver for Windows - one that would include its own internal GTK instead of relying on a runtime installed in Windows itself?

This seems like an interesting problem, but if it's either (1) impossible or (2) been done already, then I won't waste time trying to solve it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:33 pm 
Forum All-Star

emendelson wrote:
Before I try to reinvent the wheel, has anyone developed a standalone package of SheepShaver for Windows - one that would include its own internal GTK instead of relying on a runtime installed in Windows itself?

This seems like an interesting problem, but if it's either (1) impossible or (2) been done already, then I won't waste time trying to solve it.

To answer my own question, it turns out that this isn't exactly possible, but it's certainly possible to pack up everything (including the GTK runtime) into a single folder and run it from there. The only requirement is that the GTK runtime be in the path. So it's possible to write (using a scripting program like AutoIt) an installer that would install everything except the ROM file and make sure that the right folder for GTK is in the path.

If anyone has any plans to do this with something more advanced than AutoIt, I won't spend time doing it badly. But if anyone's interested in one-stop installer, it's something I might want to do as an exercise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 am 
Site Admin

I'd be interested, and would be happy to add it to the guide in the wiki, if it is really user friendly I've been meaning to update both the Basilisk II and SheepShaver guides to make them easier to follow and with fewer steps. I'll certainly test out your proposed installer since I have more time on my hands now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 am 
Forum All-Star

ClockWise wrote:
I'd be interested, and would be happy to add it to the guide in the wiki, if it is really user friendly I've been meaning to update both the Basilisk II and SheepShaver guides to make them easier to follow and with fewer steps. I'll certainly test out your proposed installer since I have more time on my hands now.

I won't get around to it for at least a few weeks, but it shouldn't be hard to do. I've done similar things for the vDos and DOSBox emulators.

What I have in mind now is an Inno Setup installer that would install SheepShaver.exe, SDL.dll, a keycodes file, a prefs file, the GTK runtime, and maybe an empty disk image for installing Mac OS. Then the installer would run a compiled AutoIt Script that add the GTK folder to the path, prompt the user for a ROM file, and prompt for the location of either a pre-existing Mac OS system disk image or an installer disk.

Questions: Where should the folder with SheepShaver, etc., be located by default? What settings make the most sense for RAM, screen size, etc.?

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 9 of 9 [ 210 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9