No sound, and programs crash giving related errors.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

agmatine
Space Cadet

No sound, and programs crash giving related errors.

Post by agmatine »

I'm running Mac OS 9 under SheepShaver, with a Power Mac 7300 ROM. All I can find on resolving sound issues is to enable the "built-in" device under the Output section of the Sound Control Panel, but there is no such option (there are no options listed there at all). How can I resolve this?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

This thread has some suggestions:

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5499

It says:

Try removing Sound Preferences and ControlStrip Preferences from the Preferences folder and restart.

Also make sure you do not have the extensions "Sound Manager" and "Apple Audio Extension" installed. Remove them if present.

Check, then, if the "built in" option is available.
yksoft1
Master Emulator

Re: No sound, and programs crash giving related errors.

Post by yksoft1 »

agmatine wrote:I'm running Mac OS 9 under SheepShaver, with a Power Mac 7300 ROM. All I can find on resolving sound issues is to enable the "built-in" device under the Output section of the Sound Control Panel, but there is no such option (there are no options listed there at all). How can I resolve this?
7300/7600/8600/9600 ROM has some stability issues under Sheepshaver.
agmatine
Space Cadet

Post by agmatine »

ClockWise wrote:This thread has some suggestions:

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5499

It says:

Try removing Sound Preferences and ControlStrip Preferences from the Preferences folder and restart.

Also make sure you do not have the extensions "Sound Manager" and "Apple Audio Extension" installed. Remove them if present.

Check, then, if the "built in" option is available.
Thanks! Doing this solved the problem.