Well, an update on progress. I got source from github again today and, with the sheepthreads fix kindly provided by Kernigh, I am able to compile and make install, and the behavior is a little different from how it was before.. But it's still apparently not working.
Thing is, it offers no feedback on what's going wrong. I just get
ewood@durandal:~/BasiliskII and SheepShaver source/SheepShaver/src/Unix$ SheepShaver
SheepShaver V2.4 by Christian Bauer and Mar"c" Hellwig
... And that's it. No GUI, nothing at all to see. It's just hanging there. Top tells me it's running:
1116 ewood 20 0 25500 4876 4016 S 8,6 0,1 0:17.31 SheepShaver
That's 8.6 % CPU, and the amount varies a bit. Still, nothing to see or do with it. I deleted the old config file, which I had actually tried setting up by hand before because I wasn't getting any GUI and wanted to see if I could get around that, but this behavior is identical with or without it. I've also tried the sdl enables with ./configure as per http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... x_flavours
which also makes no difference.