Trying to install Photoshop 5.0 LE

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

faithie999
Space Cadet

Trying to install Photoshop 5.0 LE

Post by faithie999 »

I have a CD that must have been bundled with something I bought years ago that contains Photoshop 5.0 LE. I have an old Mac mini running High Sierra that is able to show the contents of the CD.
there are folders for several languages. I copied the English folder into my Shared Folder. I opened SS, opened the English folder, double-clicked on the Vise installer, and immediately received a -199 error. a little googling suggests that might be related to a corrupted file.

The CD also contains PhotoDeluxe 4.0 for Windows. I was able to install that on a PC, so I think the CD is not damaged.

I thought I might try loading the CD image into SS but I'm not sure how to do that.

thanks in advance!

Ken
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Trying to install Photoshop 5.0 LE

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

I am not sure if the folder and its contents suffices, but you cannot run an installer (or any application) when it is still on the "Unix" volume (shared folder) nor when it is dragged from "Unix' onto the Desktop. The folder must first be copied to another mounted volume, like your virtual HD.

BTW: PhotoShop 5.0 LE can also be downliaded from macintoshgarden.org