Nanosaur version 1 was relased as donation-ware on one of the MacWorld CD's.
You were asked to make some kind of donation if you played the game frequently.
This is what the manual says:
- At least a 120MHz 604e Macintosh or a 180MHz 603e Macintosh.
- Note that Nanosaur will not run on a 601 Macintosh!
- A game capable 3D Accelerator card such as the RageII or Rage Pro from ATI.
- QuickDraw 3D 1.5 or newer.
- QuickTime 2.5 or newer.
- DrawSprockets 1.1.2 or newer.
If someone should be interested in that free version and still owns the required hardware, I might mail the file.
But clearly SheepShaver won't run it.