About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Myrd
Granny Smith

Re: Status: SheepShaver and Mac OSX Lion

Post by Myrd »

Hmm, strange. If you change that code to:

Code: Select all

#if defined(__APPLE__) && defined(__MACH__)
#error Test
extern "C" {
static int __op_PARAM1, __op_PARAM2, __op_PARAM3;
}
#else
Do you get "#error Test" from the compiler output?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Configuring with: ./configure CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.2" CXX="/usr/bin/g++-4.2" CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-sdl-audio --enable-sdl-video --disable-vosf

This is what I get from fresh cvs code and your suggestion for dyngen-exec.h:

In file included from ../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/jit/basic-dyngen-ops.cpp:23:
../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/jit/dyngen-exec.h:101:2: error: #error Test
../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/jit/basic-dyngen-ops.cpp:33: warning: register used for two global register variables
../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/jit/basic-dyngen-ops.cpp:34: warning: register used for two global register variables
../kpx_cpu/src/cpu/jit/basic-dyngen-ops.cpp:35: warning: register used for two global register variables
make: *** [obj/basic-dyngen-ops.o] Error 1

Best,
Cat_7
BF-H
Space Cadet

Post by BF-H »

Hello,

SheepShaver (October 2009 build) was up and running Mac OS 9 (in windowed mode) under Lion.2 on my 2009 MacBook Pro.

However, after applying Lion.3 combo updater, SheepShaver and Mac OS 9 now show the symptom described in this thread.

:cry:

BF-H
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

BF-H wrote:However, after applying Lion.3 combo updater, SheepShaver and Mac OS 9 now show the symptom described in this thread.
Which symptom is that? This thread is mainly about building SheepShaver in/for Lion, not about running SheepShaver in Lion.
BF-H
Space Cadet

Post by BF-H »

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

Oops, regrets for my goof.

The symptom was that SheepShaver closed before Mac OS 9.0.4 completed its boot up (its splash screen displayed and then SheepShaver closed).

I thought that symptom was mentioned in this thread, but maybe I got it mixed up with a different thread.

FYI: problem solved. I clicked the checkbox “Ignore Illegal Memory Accesses” using the preferences editor. After doing that, SheepShaver and Mac OS 9 launched successfully.

BF-H