AdPlanner 1.1 stops with "failed to configure output port"

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

jgrote
Space Cadet

AdPlanner 1.1 stops with "failed to configure output port"

Post by jgrote »

Hello,

I am trying to migrate a program for my folks called AdPlanner 1.1 from a Macintosh 7200/120 to SheepShaver on an OSX Lion computer. I'm able to get 7.5.3 all running nicely, but when I start the program, I get the message "Could not configure the output port". Google has been no help in this regard. Is there something additional I need to do or emulate to get this to work? I used a quadro rom and 68040 processor settings in basilisk as well with the same result.

Any thoughts or pointers in the right direction would be great. Thanks.'

Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: AdPlanner 1.1 stops with "failed to configure output por

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Difficult to tell what could be the issue. I do not know AdPlanner. What does AdPlanner do?

Three thoughts/questions:

1. What could be the "port" mentioned in the error message? Could it be a port that your Power Macintosh 7200 and earlier Macs have and SheepShaver has not, like serial ports?

2. I noticed the copyright date 1990 in the image. Isn't the application 68k? In that case it may run better in BasiliskII that emulates a 68k machine.

3. Is the software installed correctly (not by just copying the application file from your old machine)?
jgrote
Space Cadet

Post by jgrote »

I've tried it in basilisk as well with no luck. Adplanner is an advertising layout program that my folks still use to this day to lay out portions of the newspaper, as no better program has come along since.

The app was installed properly, and works fine on the older machine, so it is definitely a tricky one. Just curious if there was some easy thing I missed. I set it up in Basilisk as well with no luck.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Is there some ReadMe or other documentation that provides you with the system requirements? Or a Help file?

Best,
Cat_7
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Have you set up a printer, and printed successfully to it from some other application (SimpleText, or something else)?

There are instructions for printing from SheepShaver in other threads in this forum.

Also, check your private messages.