SheepShaver mouse control fix! (somewhat)

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

isamudyson
Space Cadet

Re: SheepShaver mouse control fix! (somewhat)

Post by isamudyson »

I happy to see your work on this. I am curious if a version of this fix could be released for Mac OS X. I understand it if isn't your highest priority, but I'd be happy to hear about more work on it. I'm really trying to get Wolfenstein 3D for mac working as it uses a different file format for custom levels then the DOS version does. As far as I can tell they are not compatible or convertible. I've gotten Wolfenstein 3D working in system 7.5.3 in the Sheepshaver 15 July 2012 build on Mac OS X 10.6 except for mouse support. I notice one of the other posts in this thread says they do not have a version of Wolfenstein 3D to use, you can get the demo which is free to distribute from this link: http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperAr ... ed-101.hqx . I am not investigating it for myself but for a friend who designed a bunch of levels themselves and recently re-discovered them on a zip disk. Unfortunately the levels are a bit brutal to play without mouse support.
lucyde
Space Cadet

Post by lucyde »

I wanted to add my voice to those who would really like to see a Mac OS version of this fix. My beloved Worms is unplayable in the current version of SheepShaver and it seems wrong to have the only fix working on Windows. Anything you can do to get this fix onto other platforms would be a huge service to the emulation community.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You replied to a post dating back more than 2 years. We haven't heard from the developer for a long time, and the source code for his fixes is lost. So there is little hope for further development.

Best,
Cat_7
fawkner
Space Cadet

Post by fawkner »

Works like a charm for Apeiron! Thanks so much!
lj6014
Space Cadet

Post by lj6014 »

I know this is a very old topic but is there anything like this that works with Mac OSX version of SheepShaver? thanks