SheepShaver experiences

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

MacNostalgia
Student Driver

SheepShaver experiences

Post by MacNostalgia »

I found SheepShaver x86 a few days ago and I'd like to say:

sterling job, Gwenole. It's incredible, others have announced vaporware for years. You just sat down and delivered a great piece of software. Respect! I never thought I'd see a PPC emulation on my x86.

I'm currently running 2.2.8 on Mandrake 9.1 with a beige G3 ROM image and MacOS 8.5 and asked myself whether others have come acroos these issues as well, I understand that some things are not yet supposed to run, but maybe it also serves as feedback:

- Ethernet: I have loaded sheep_net drivers but I keep getting errors when I try to activate Ethernet in the AppleTalk control panel. I assume that's not yet implemented.

- keyboard layout: I don't have an option key and some other keys aren't mapped correcltly either (any keyboard locale): "# = 3", "< = ,", German locale: "- = ß", no Umlauts working

- Office 2001 not working: either application quits right away or empty error dialog, sometimes hangs SheepShaver. IE 5 works but the network...:P

- sound not working: seems to be my problem as some others seem to have been successful. I don't have an output option in monitors & sound control panel.

These are the problems I found so far. Apart from that it works like a charm, speedy and stable. Keep up the good work Gwenole.

Thank you. [/b]