sheepshaver wants to initialize disk

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

jennie479
Space Cadet

sheepshaver wants to initialize disk

Post by jennie479 »

i downloaded sheepshaver a couple of days ago and could't get the computer game i wanted to play to be accepted, sheepshaver kept asking to initialize the disk. i created a disk image and added it to sheepshaver preferances and i got the game to work. However, today when i tried to play the game again it asks me to initialize the disk again. i clicked cancel and it ejected the disk however the logo for the game remained on the screen. When i clicked on the logo it said the disk cannot be found please insert it and try again. Please help :sad: I've tried inserting the disk before and after starting up sheepshaver and nothing seems to work
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: sheepshaver wants to initialize disk

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Please give some more information:

Which is your host system (probably OSX, which version)?
Which version/build of SheepShaver do you use?

If a disk image of the CD works, you do not need the CD itself. Do I understand correctly that the disk image that worked the first time does not work anymore?
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved topic to SheepShaver forum