Good free Finder window/desktop utility for Mac SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

jrethorst
Tinkerer

Good free Finder window/desktop utility for Mac SheepShaver

Post by jrethorst »

Finder Workspaces is similar to Spaces for OS X, letting you set different combinations and arrangements of Finder windows and desktop icons, and go to any one immediately. Saves a lot of time.

Originally written for Legacy Macs (OS 7.5-9.2), this runs perfectly in SheepShaver installations.

Completely free, at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kskrbi7wjhuq ... 2.sit?dl=0

Thank you,
John Rethorst

Unsolicited comments from users:

Worked beautifully! Thanks! . . . It’s a thing of beauty to watch :-) . . . I think so much of it because I've wanted it for a number of years . . . John, that's a *really* nice little script. I’m going to be using that to manage my various ‘roles’ whilst sitting at my workstation. Thanks for posting it! . . . Great little script . . . nifty . . . does it all . . . Applescripting the Finder at its best! . . . brilliant . . . magic . . . Keep up the good work, I sure can appreciate a good script when I read (and use) one! . . . a neat window- wrangling utility
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised download link
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Good free Finder window/desktop utility for Mac SheepSha

Post by adespoton »

John, are you slowly making available all your old software? The ones I remember from the turn of the millenium are QuoteUnquote and SuperAlias....
jrethorst
Tinkerer

Post by jrethorst »

Thank you -- I appreciate it that you remember my stuff. Actually, I was just planning these three: QuickFind (really nice on a SheepShaver disk -- you’ll wonder how you did without it), Free Backup and Finder Workspaces. But folks might like Cool Tools, which has SuperAlias and Quote Unquote, and also Mouse, which shows cursor position relative to window and screen, and color under the mouse. All free of course. I’ll work on them.

Thanks again,
John
jrethorst
Tinkerer

Post by jrethorst »

Dropbox has changed its filesharing structure, and I need to revise the download link to this. It's now at https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kskrbi7wjhuq ... 2.sit?dl=0

John R.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised download link accordingly in the first post