Help! F 18 Hornet 3.0 lovers! (or classic macintosh users)

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Toruk
Space Cadet

Help! F 18 Hornet 3.0 lovers! (or classic macintosh users)

Post by Toruk »

Hello everybody!! (Im from Chile, so sorry if my english is not so good) Years ago, my father gave me his old mac G3. We've always loved planes and flight simulators, so he had F 18 Hornet 3.0 installed in that mac. I loved the sim, for its complexity and realism, compared to ace combat games, which where the only plane games I knowed back in 2007. In 2010, my G3 died, and so the game with it. A week ago, I discovered the existence of sheep shaver, and once it was installed on my imac, the first thing I did, was to download Hornet 3.0 from Macintoshgarden and install the sim on it. Everything was perfect until launching a mission, when a message apears and says: ''Please insert the CD F/a 18 hornet 3.0 and choose continue''. I don't know how to copy the files or whatever is necessary to do to play the sim. I tried burning an ISO that I found in other web, but it didn't work. Does anybody of you know what do I have to do to recreate that Cd? or may be a tutorial, or link where I can find a Good Iso....
It would be awesome if anybody of you could help me with this, because besides my dad, I don't know anybody that even knows this sim... So thats my Story XD

(by the way, this is the first time Im on a forum, so im not so familiar of how to use this... a few tips will be nice too)

Thanks for your time and help!!! :)

Greetings from Chile!!! ::))
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Help! F 18 Hornet 3.0 lovers! (or classic macintosh user

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

See instructions for the workaround in the setup manual under "Known Issues": http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... own_issues