TurboSynth Issues

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Edwdi3
Space Cadet

TurboSynth Issues

Post by Edwdi3 »

Greetings,

I have come across 2 problems working with TurboSynth. The first one is with Basilisk II(System 7.5.3), where i don´t seems to be able to import AIFF into the program. The "Open box" don´t even shows the files. However, I can open files that i have already made in the program by saving the output sound as an AIFF file. The output files does not have any extension like .aiff.
This have not been a problem on my Mac G3(OS 9), so i know that the AIFF files are not corrupt.
They seems to save the output in the same way thou, without any extensions, but on my G3 i am able to open them with QuickTime. Files that i have imported from my laptop (Windows 7) to the G3 wears the .aiff extensions + the QT logo.

The second problem is with Sheepshaver(OS 9) where i don´t get any sound! This occurs when i hit the speaker button in the program (That button is essential for previewing any section or sum of any project) and i get this message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error"
(Sidenote: With Sheepshaver, it behaves like my G3 where I can open imported samples)

So what am i missing? Would be grateful for any help provided!
Thanks!
/Eddie
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: TurboSynth Issues

Post by adespoton »

For the first issue, get a copy of ResEdit, or something else that can fix type and creator codes on files -- your software likely needs the file type code of AIFF (Mac OS didn't use file extensions).

The second is trickier. Generally, audio software doesn't work all that well on BII/SS, because the timings can get easily out of sync. However, you don't seem to be having that problem. Maybe you've got an incompatible version of QuickTime installed? There's lots of forum threads here describing optimal QuickTime versions and how to switch between them.