Thanks Ronald and Gang

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Old-School-BBSer
Apple Corer

Thanks Ronald and Gang

Post by Old-School-BBSer »

Ronald P. Regensburg, I have to applaud you again for your patience, sir.

Over the years, you guys here at Emaculation get some of the very same questions asked over and over again, and yet you persist and persevere, and patiently -- and sometimes in great detail -- provide answers and solutions for both newbies and seasoned Basilisk II and SheepShaver users alike.

So thanks! :mrgreen:
Bill Kochman
Armageddon BBS
Guam, Mariana Islands, USA
macman
Space Cadet

Re: Thanks Ronald and Gang

Post by macman »

Agreed! I am not very active on the board, but I have been using SheepShaver for many years to run my OS9 version of Timeslips 6.01 for the Mac and it has been a lifesaver! I upgraded to El Capitan with no issues, running SheepShaver_UB_20140201. I do have the "Open in 32-bit mode" checked in the Finder's GetInfo box for SheepShaver.

One feature request I would love to see - I would like to be able to issue a Quit command from El Capitan, and have SheepShaver shut down OS9 without asking if I am sure I want to shut down. The main reason is because I have a Uninterruptible Power Supply that will shut down my computer once the battery gets low. But SheepShaver stops the process, waiting for me to answer the OS9 dialog.

Thanks again!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

No new features for SheepShaver are to be expected. Regular development of SheepShaver stopped almost ten years ago. Several users with programmer skills have contributed to the source code since, but the future will be with a different emulator. See also discussion about QEMU.

Maybe the script that I mentioned in this thread (link below) can be of help.

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... 533#p51533
macman
Space Cadet

Post by macman »

Great - I will check out that script!
sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Post by sentient06 »

Old-School-BBSer wrote:Ronald P. Regensburg, I have to applaud you again for your patience, sir.

Over the years, you guys here at Emaculation get some of the very same questions asked over and over again, and yet you persist and persevere, and patiently -- and sometimes in great detail -- provide answers and solutions for both newbies and seasoned Basilisk II and SheepShaver users alike.

So thanks! :mrgreen:
I was thinking about that these days.. How many people ask about SheepShaver running 9.2 and how many times these gentlemen gave the same answer (among other similar questions, naturally).

I guess this kind of friendly behaviour and interest in such a peculiar subject is what keeps this forum alive in an age of facebook and whatever other stuff they created out there.

You have also my thanks!