Compiling problems

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Stephen Coates
Expert User

Compiling problems

Post by Stephen Coates »

I have finally installed to get DragonLinux v2r1 (a distribution that is based on slackware) on my computer.

I have tried compiling the source code wich i downloaded from gwenole's site. I ran autogen.sh and it seems to get stuck at:

Code: Select all

Checking if we can skip instruction in SIGSEGV handler
or something like that. I left it for about three quarters of an hour and when i came back to the compter, it still said that above.
Does anyone knows what is wrong, or is it suppose to take a long time?

I also tried using several binaries, but when i click/double click the icon nothing happens. When i used the gnome window manager, i right clicked on the icons and clicked install, and i got a message saying that it can not open something (i can't remember what it said).

Could someone help me please.

thanks
stephen
Last edited by Stephen Coates on Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

well, anyone know whats wrong? all the development software should be installed.

I downloaded a binary from a website once (someone's forum on delphi) called "sheepshaverbuild1withpatch.tar" or something like that. I just realised it was tared, so i should be able to easily extract it in windows, but i think that that is an older version, so i would still like some help with compiling the latest version.

thanks
stephen
Cat_7
Expert User

Slackware package

Post by Cat_7 »

Hello Steven,

There is a new slackware package over at the delphi forum.
You could pick it up and try again.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/stoncold ... ?msg=173.1

About the sigsev error: did you compile a second time using the same directories? If so, that could be where the error comes from. But I am not shure about that. I just seem to remember something similar happening to me too.

Cat_7
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I don't seem to be able to get the slackware package to work either.

I suppose i'll just have to wait until i buy a copy of partition magic and install mandrake linux.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

Do you know if you have all the C and C++ libraries installed? It might be that an instruction can't be compiled because a library is missing.

Another thought is that there is something that the C/C++ compiler recognises in your config that means that it shouldn't try to compile an instruction and is trying to skip it. Maybe you need to look at recompiling your kernel as there are some chipset patches that get around various hardware problems.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

I will just install a new linux distriution i think.