PrintToPDF output problem ...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

PrintToPDF output problem ...

Post by rlesperance »

Hello,

Running SheepShaver on El Capital on an iMacIntel (late 2012) ... The PrintToPDF driver changes by itself the output destination folder that was originally specified.

Does somebody have a clue on this one ?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: PrintToPDF output problem ...

Post by adespoton »

I believe there was a discussion thread on this last month...? Search for printing. I can't recall what people ended up doing to fix it; I seem to recall that for at least one person, it just started working correctly again after trying all sorts of things.
rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Post by rlesperance »

Thanks adespoton ... A search for «PrintToPDF» does not return anything in the SheepShaver thread.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Hmm... I just get http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... pdf#p42674 from 2012. Looks like most of the discussion is around printing to ps instead of print2pdf specifically. That should link you to the appropriate thread though.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

The discussions (several) I remember were all about desktop printers not remembering the destination folder (in the shared folder on the OSX side) for saving the .ps file after upgrading to Yosemite. That issue could be solved after creating a new destination folder on the OSX side and creating a new desktop printer in MacOS. At least it solved the problem in my SheepShaver setups.

I think rlesperance uses the PrintToPDF printer extension, selected in the Chooser. Maybe setting it up again with a new destination folder will also work there.
rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Post by rlesperance »

Hello Ronald,

Before threading the case, I did re-set the print folder in the PrintToPDF driver. I did it many times. It stayed the same until I closed SheepShaver. Awkwardly, every time I closed SheepShaver the folder changed to another folder.

So I tried restarting the computer completely and the problem seem to have disappeared. I suppose it was a simple computer dizziness.

Thanks.

Robert
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Ah; I think I may know what's going on there. Some of the Chooser stuff gets stored in parameter ram. It sounds like the path might be one of those things; SheepShaver sometimes gets into a state where it doesn't save the PRAM correctly, which would explain your issue. Setting up a new memory footprint on the host (via rebooting) is usually enough to fix this kind of issue.
rlesperance
Mac Mechanic

Post by rlesperance »

Thanks for the information ....