El Capitan Unix mount

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

msbowers
Space Cadet

El Capitan Unix mount

Post by msbowers »

Thanks for such wonderful software. I've been using sheep shaver for about a decade now. I just upgraded to El Capitan from Snow Leopard. It boots fine, but I cannot get my unix folder to mount. To be safe, I drag the folder into terminal and copy the path. Any suggestions?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: El Capitan Unix mount

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Still, if everything else works, the probable cause is a wrong path set in SheepShaver preferences. In Terminal the path will be shown with escape characters (backslashes) before spaces and other special characters. This makes that string not suitable for use as path in SheepShaver.

I assume you do not still use the SheepShaver build that you started with a decade ago and that you use a SheepShaver build with built-in prefs editor. Then the simple way, as described in our setup manual, is to open SheepShaver preferences, use the Browse button for Unix Root to navigate to your shared folder and "Open" that folder. Quit SheepShaver and launch it again and the Unix volume should show up on the desktop.