how to import os9 files into sheepshaver so I can open them

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

archangel
Space Cadet

how to import os9 files into sheepshaver so I can open them

Post by archangel »

I tried dragging them from desktop to Unix on Sheepshaver when open. Nope. Tried dragging to os9 icon on sheepshaver from desktop. Nope.

Seems about a year ago when i set up sheepshaver on my 27" imac under mavericks, all worked well. Thankfully found a site that 'splained it all without brain damage [well, maybe a little] re all its parts needed.

I seem to recall I made a file folder, but have zillions of files on my hard drive and cannot recall name of it... seems that maybe if you put a file in THAT file folder, it goes onto the Unix file on sheepshaver and can be opened from there?

Please help me remember, if you can. I read through the emaculation doc this morning, and dont see the precise ans to my dilemma.

Thank you!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: how to import os9 files into sheepshaver so I can open t

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Go SheepShaver preferences and it will show, labeled "Unix Root", which folder you set up to be your shard folder that is represented as the Unix volume on your OS9 desktop. See the setup guide for more information, also further down in the guide about how to use the shared folder/Unix. http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... os_x_setup
archangel
Space Cadet

Post by archangel »

thanks RPR, you are THE guy. Thank you for the quick response. I will try that and get back to you. Im so happy to have sheepshaver running again for In Control and Corkboard, my archival files that kept all my manuscripts parts and pieces orderly and clear and FINDABLE

Do you remember too how to make a new folder colored, in sheepshaver? Or ought I color it with say ColorFolxs on my desktop and then import it to the sheepshaver desktop?

Many thanks again for your loyal vigilance
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Color labels is feature in classic MacOS Finder, not only for folders. Right-click (or control-click) on the item in the Finder and choose a label from the contextual menu, or select the item in the Finder and choose a label from the File menu. The file or folder icon will get the label color.
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Mon May 16, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: