Porting Hypercard Stacks and STF files from sheepshaver to 9

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

drjohntas
Space Cadet

Porting Hypercard Stacks and STF files from sheepshaver to 9

Post by drjohntas »

Correction to previous post....
My old macs are finally resigning from operation en masse. So as I run my business on Hypercard and other OS9 software I have now set up Sheepshaver via Chubby Bunny on all my Intec Macs. All is working well EXCEPT... I would like to port Fax stf fax files and the occasional Hypercard stack from Sheepshaver on my Macbook Air into a remaining functional PowerPC clamshell notebook running native OS9 which acts as my fax machine. The process of dropping said files into Unix folder in Sheepshaver then out of Shared Folder in OSX and from there into a USB memory stick and then to my Clamshell doesn't work. They become unrecognisable files in the receiving computer.. show up as "PC" icons in the opened USB stick.
Porting Hypercard stacks to Sheepshaver in my Intel Machines from the USB stick from the clamshell or other Sheepshavers on other Intel machines.. all works fine.
I thought it might be the USB stick.. but I can copy a stf file from the clamshell runing OS9 (natively) onto the stick, then back again .. and each step recognises the file.
Any ideas?

ALL SORTED .. for anyone else in this situation.. I found an old OS9 external drive, reformatted in OS extended and all worked.
Last edited by drjohntas on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Porting Hypercard Stacks and STF files from sheepshaver

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Not sure if that is the issue here, but make sure the USB stick is HFS+ formatted.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Porting Hypercard Stacks and STF files from sheepshaver

Post by adespoton »

Aren't the FaxSTF STF files just extended TIFFs? Back in the day, I always immediately converted them, but I thought they were essentially TIFFs.