I need help on Sheep Shaver Games.

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

tinker
Space Cadet

I need help on Sheep Shaver Games.

Post by tinker »

Greetings to all Admin and users out there.

I got Sheep Shaver working on Mac OS 9.0.4 (inside Sheepshaver) which is currently running Windows XP Professional as a host machine.

I would like to play old school games such as Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets , Super Solvers Reading Ages 9-12 and other games (my childhood back in the old days and other games I haven't try) no matter on what extension files (.sit or .tgz). I was so close to get it working.

In my situation right now is I got the files I want to play (downloaded game files from the host machine using internet). The Sheepshaver right now is waiting for me to put games on to play. I'm stuck because I don't know how to get those files across to sheepshaver (from host machine files to sheepshaver Mac OS 9.0.4)

Im a visual (using eyes) user. I like to see how users demonstrate on video so that it is easier for me to do it.

Please help me

Thank you
24bit
Forum All-Star

Re: I need help on Sheep Shaver Games.

Post by 24bit »

Hi tinker!
Taking your first mentioned item for example, http://macintoshgarden.org/games/super- ... os-gadgets
the game seems to be in an .img container which is good.
The compression with Stuffit (sit) is not that comfortable for Windows users, but thats the way things were done on vintage Macs.
To inflate the sit file, you will need Stuffit installed. Best use the third DL here for starting: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/stuffit-expander-55
Decompress the zip in Winows and add the resulting img in the SheepShaver config GUI.
Start SheepShaver and the installer volume will appear. Install Stuffit Expander to your OS9 volume.
Move Gizmos_Gadets.img.sit to your SheepShaver HDD via the "Desktop" volume from inside SheepShaver.
Drop the SIT file onto Stuffit Expander and mount the resulting IMG with DiskCopy.

The procedure is a lot easier to do than to describe. ;)
In case you got totally lost, I´ll add a zipped version of the img to mount the game from the SheepShaver GUI.