How to launch an app on Sheep Shaver (completely novice)

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Raf97
Space Cadet

How to launch an app on Sheep Shaver (completely novice)

Post by Raf97 »

Hi everybody there !

I'm completely novice, and I just finished instilling OS 9 emulated by sheep shaver, and I li ke to know how to laugh Hyper Card software on it.
Cause the software's file is on my OS X and so I don't know how to get access to it on the OS emulated version for I can launch it.

Thanks for your answers !
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: How to launch an app on Sheep Shaver (completely novice)

Post by adespoton »

A few things here:

1) you can either mount the disk image in OS X to copy files in/out, or take the easier way and set up a shared folder in OS X that will launch as a "Unix" disk in SheepShaver. This will allow you to copy your files in and out (don't attempt to load them inside SheepShaver from the Unix disk). The steps for doing this are outlined in the SheepShaver for OS X setup guide on the Wiki.

2) HyperCard stacks require either the HyperCard application or the HyperCard Player application to be installed in OS 9. Make sure you've got one of those on hand. Also, some stacks expect specific XCMD or XFCNs to be available via the System folder or elsewhere; most bundle these into the stack, but sometimes you get the odd stack that won't work because it can't find the required libraries.
Raf97
Space Cadet

Re: How to launch an app on Sheep Shaver (completely novice)

Post by Raf97 »

Okay ! Well this is a very complete answer. Thanks to you ! ;)