Getting files from windows into disk image *newbie*

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

gruegirl
Space Cadet

Getting files from windows into disk image *newbie*

Post by gruegirl »

Hi there. I'm a massive *MASSIVE* newbie here. I have no idea how to get some things installed. In particular I'm trying to get a game distributed in .sit onto my mac virtual disk... and while i'm at it, getting Stuffit Expander installed there as well. I can't seem to figure it out.

It would be incredibly helpful if someone could assist me with this endevor, or even make a .iso or .dsk with the files already extracted for me. In particular I want to get Tomb of the Taskmaker on here.

I should mention, I'm using Sheepshaver for windows. I've got it working (though it seems kinda crash happy unless I use certain specific amounts of RAM).
gruegirl
Space Cadet

Re: Getting files from windows into disk image *newbie*

Post by gruegirl »

Okay... I managed to figure out HFVExplorer but then SheepSheerer won't load if i try to mount that .dsk file...
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

I guess I could put together something.
Which MacOS and language do you want? Do you plan to use OldWorld or NewWorldROM?
I would suggest Stuffit7 for SheepShaver as it handles almost any sit files.
ToT 101a3 is not inflated correctly by Stuffit7 though. :)

Feel free to try this bootable image:
https://mega.nz/#!Y9MCWLZY!CTODnPSbGP6q ... 1_W9vVOC4s
Its a Z international OS9.0 with the two versions of ToT.
The disk image also has Stuffit Expander 7, Mouse2B, game sprockets and a few utilities installed.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

And once a booting OS is done, the next step is to configure a shared folder. Then you simply drag anything in to that folder in Windows and copy it to the virtual HD from within the OS 9 guest interface (icon is on the OS 9 desktop).
gruegirl
Space Cadet

Post by gruegirl »

adespoton wrote:And once a booting OS is done, the next step is to configure a shared folder. Then you simply drag anything in to that folder in Windows and copy it to the virtual HD from within the OS 9 guest interface (icon is on the OS 9 desktop).
How do I go about doing that?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

In Windows, Sheepshaver will access whole disks, not only folders.
So take care....

If you have the GUI running, enable the "My Computer" feature and enter the disks you want to access. There will be a disk icon on your Mac OS desktop called "My Computer" giving you access to the disk from the top level.

Otherwise add/change these entries in your SheepShaver_prefs file:
enableextfs true
extdrives C

Best,
Cat_7