MyAbandonware games on Sheepshaver..? Help!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

pearlfrisby
Space Cadet

MyAbandonware games on Sheepshaver..? Help!

Post by pearlfrisby »

Hi! I recently downloaded SheepShaver (new to this) onto my mac and everything went well, until now.. I'm trying to get old games to work but I'm having troubles.
I've got two downloaded games which were both .sit, and after using Stuffit one changed to .iso and the other to .toast. I've tried adding them to the volumes list and then restarting, but when I click on the game icon it says "please insert the CD Rom" or something similiar

Can someone please help me? What do I do after I've used stuffit on the downloaded games??
Thanks!!! :lol: :oops: :razz:
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: MyAbandonware games on Sheepshaver..? Help!

Post by adespoton »

Did you lock the .iso and .toast files on the host before booting SheepShaver? If that doesn't work, you'll have to mount the images inside the guest environment; copy them over via the Unix share, and mount via Toast or http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... =20&t=8670.
pearlfrisby
Space Cadet

Post by pearlfrisby »

So far I tried locking the .iso file and it worked... Until I got the message "There is not enough memory to play (game title) with sound. Click quit to exit the game."
:cry: Any tips on how to increase the memory?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

You'll have to unlock the image, mount it, get info on the application, increase the memory, eject the disk, lock it, and remount.
pearlfrisby
Space Cadet

Post by pearlfrisby »

increase the memory
I unlocked it and got info, but there isn't any option to increase memory???

mount it, remount
By mounting, do you mean adding it to the volumes list? Sorry i'm not familiar with the terms

eject the disk
How do I eject if i don't have the physical disk :?: drag to trashcan?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

pearlfrisby wrote:
increase the memory
I unlocked it and got info, but there isn't any option to increase memory???
There should be a couple of boxes at the bottom of the get info window (on the application) where you can set the preferred and minimum memory. You'd need to increase the preferred value.
pearlfrisby wrote:
mount it, remount
By mounting, do you mean adding it to the volumes list? Sorry i'm not familiar with the terms
I was being vague, as you could do it by adding to the volumes list and restarting the emulation, or by using Toast or VirtualCD to mount it from within the emulator.
pearlfrisby wrote:
eject the disk
How do I eject if i don't have the physical disk :?: drag to trashcan?
Either drag to the trash can, or select it and select Eject from the Special menu.