Login  •  Register

The time is now: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:48 pm 
Space Cadet

Hi,

New to the mac emulator world and not too savvy with mac operating systems. I just installed the 2014 update for Sheepshaver, running OS 9 on my Macbook pro OSX 10.11 El capitan. I got OS9 running just fine, and it starts up every time. I am trying to play Pillars of Garendall, and I dragged the folder which has the application for the demo version into the Shared folder I created, then I copied it to the hard disk in OS9. Every time I try to open the app in the emulator, the message "InternetConfig is not properly installed" comes up. I tried going in Control Panel and opening up Startup Disk, and some other apps, and nothing comes up. Did I install wrong/can you guys help me out?

Thanks,

Cole

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:17 am 
Expert User

Maybe the application wants to connect to the internet. Did you enable slirp networking in SheepShaver preferences and did you configure TCP/IP control panel in OS9 to Ethernet and DHCP as described in the SheepShaver for OSX tutorial?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:16 am 
Space Cadet

Hey Ronald,

Yes, I did all of that and still the same message.
:/ weird

Cole

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 am 
Expert User

Your host machine is connected to the internet and in TCP/IP the proper addresses for slirp are obtained?
IP Address: 10.0.2.15
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Router address: 10.0.2.2
Name-server address: 10.0.2.3

If so, I do not know what could be wrong on your side.

I have my latest SheepShaver build run in macOS 10.12 with MacOS 9.0.4. I downloaded the demo from the link in Macintosh Garden, I moved the folder into the shared folder, I copied the folder from Unix to the 9.0.4 HD, I opened the folder and launched the demo application. Runs fine, no error message.

The OS9 system you use is not a complete OS installation, it lacks additional software that is installed with a regular OS installation. Maybe you should try to find a full installer and set up SheepShaver with a proper installation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm 
Forum All-Star

Obvious question, but I might as well ask it...

Is Internet Config installed correctly?

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/internet-config-202

"Internet Config" is a third-party app used to handle MIME types and file handlers on earlier versions of Mac OS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:40 am 
Space Cadet

Replying to both of you-

No it appears InternetConfig is not installed correctly. It seems like I haven't fully installed the OS9 system in Sheepshaver. I clicked "Initialize" in the window when it first booted up, but I never got a message after that about a "Mac OS Install", or anything about the "Configuration Assistant." Wonder if there is something I'm missing or didn't download? I got the New World PPC ROM and the OS9 Boot Image (120 megs) both from Redundant Robot, and the whole package from the zip file in your 2014 Sheepshaver build. Do I need to download InternetConfig separately and transfer it into OS9?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:50 am 
Apple Corer

The version on Redundant Robot is a pre-installed version of Mac OS 9. You need to find a full CD for Mac OS 9 (Mac Garden helps) and install from that CD.

It should also be noted that this appears to be a QuickTime issue too, as the game does need QT5.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am 
Expert User

kataetheweirdo wrote:
It should also be noted that this appears to be a QuickTime issue too, as the game does need QT5.

If that is true, the game would not run in SheepShaver. The latest version of QuickTime that is compatible with SheepShaver is version 4.1.2. However, the version of Pillars of Garendall available through Macintosh Garden is said there to run in SheepShaver.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:21 pm 
Space Cadet

Awesome thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:39 pm 
Space Cadet

Ok- so now, I retried and installed with an actual OS 9.0.4 install disk image. Everything is up and running, completed the installer and configuration assistant, and I checked TCP/IP addresses in the Control Panel and they are all correct for slirp. Internet explorer opens, InternetConfig 2.0 works fine. Still the same message "InternetConfig is not properly installed" comes up when I try to open the demo. I downloaded the full version of POG off of mac garden and every time I try and open that, Sheepshaver crashes.

I feel like I'm so close to getting this whole thing functional :???: