Some Tiger questions

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

BramD
Space Cadet

Some Tiger questions

Post by BramD »

Hi all,

I'm new here, so I don't know if this is the right forum. If not, let's see how well the moderators do their job ;).

I'm a blind pc-user and I would like to experience the mac os. First I thaught that this os wasn't of any use to the blind, but recently I read something about the spoken interface that's included in the newest release of mac os.

So, I would like to install tiger into pearpc with sound support to see how well this interface is working. To do that, I have a few questions:

Can I install tiger without any sighted assistance? E.g. is there some kind of automatic installation or such?
Is it possible to install something like an ssh server into tiger when it's running into pearpc so I can install the networkaudio driver with my ssh client from linux/windows?
Does the sound support via the esound daemon work with tiger?
And last but not least... how about illegal images of tiger that are downloadable from the internet? Are they working with pearpc, I've heard different stories about this subject. I'm not a fan of illegal software, but I want to test something before I'm going to buy it.

Thanks in advance,

Bram
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Bram,

There is no real automated installation procedure, and certainly not for Tiger. For now Tiger needs to be installed using a running Panther installation. About the esound audio feature: it doesn't run well and it only runs in 10.2 and 10.3. It runs by letting OSX think the NetworkAudioDevice is a real audio device. NetworkAudioDevice then forward sound to a sound server on windows. You have to compile the driver yourself to get it to send audio to the correct ip-address.

Your question about warez is not really welcomed, as we would like to stay clean here. But I guess some downloaded images work OK.

Cat_7