NEW guy needs help!!!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

NEW guy needs help!!!

Post by Evil_Eric »

Hi, im using pear pc on my dell optiplex GX520. Im runniing 4 gigs of ram and i have a 500GB SATA drive also a 256 nvidia geforce 6200 video card with a no name brand tv card. i get as far as the language for the install on mac osx 10.4 TIGER then it all shuts down and shows the message below.

[CPU/CPU] execution started at 05600adc
[CPU/MMU] new pagetable: sdr1 = 0x3fc0003f
[CPU/MMU] new pagetable: sdr1 accepted
[CPU/MMU] number of pages: 2^19 pagetable_start: 0x3fc00000 size: 2^22
[IO/CUDA] <Warning> keyb reg1
[IO/IDE] <Warning> command STANDBY_IMMEDIATE stub
[IO/IDE] <Warning> command STANDBY_IMMEDIATE stub
[IO/CUDA] <Warning> power down!

please help you can email me of msn/yahoo me at anytime im normaly on about 12 to 16 hours a day.
thank you!!!
Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

Post by Evil_Eric »

OK guys i got it working and installed and everything but i keep getting errors when i try to get this to work on the internet with the ethernet card using the pearpc control panel can some one help out
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

To be able help you, some more info is needed.
I assume you are running on windows? Have your activated a network card in the config file? Which one did you select. Have you also got the VPN tap driver installed? Do you share your host's network connection or have you set them to bridge?

Best,
Cat_7
Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

Post by Evil_Eric »

Hi, Cat7. Thanks for the fast reply. i am running winblows XP pro sp3. i installed the tap driver seriously dint know i needed something like that until you mentioned it. I had the conection bridged due to my isp being kinda stupid bout networks at home with out paying extra money for a network package. but the error is gone now and im just having an issue with actully setting up my bridged connection for internet. If you know or have a step by step how to guide uploaded please give me the link will be more than glad not to bother you to much. 8)

Thanks Cat_7
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

This manual is from the "official" pearpc site:
http://wiki.pearpc.net/index.php?title= ... s_XP/Vista

Best,
Cat_7
Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

Post by Evil_Eric »

thanks again Cat_7 worked perfectly and now that ive played with the os im moving in another direction to make mac os x native on my pc.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Ah,

That direction would include visiting www.insanelymac.com , I imagine?
Your current hardware might have some problems with getting the video card running.

Best,
Cat_7
Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

Post by Evil_Eric »

i have found a step by step guide for my computer make and model and am now working on downloading the necissary files.

if its ok ill keep posting to let you know how that went in the next few days or at the min by monday.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Yes,

Sure. I have been running a hackintosh from the early start :lol: Not that I know much about it, but I bought compatible hardware last time my computer was up for replacement.

Best,
Cat_7
Evil_Eric
Space Cadet

Well its official!!!!

Post by Evil_Eric »

have loaded MAC OS X 10.5.2 on my computer and have updated to 10.5.3. i am very happy with it.I probally wont be posting to much more here and if i do it will be just to update everyone on what ive done to my computer. i want to thank everyone at insainlymac and cat_7 for showing me a few things and to everyone who has read this thread.