Pear PC wont work

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

What is your favorite iPod model?

iPod Classic
No votes
iPod touch
67%
iPod Nano
No votes
iPod Shuffle
No votes
iPod Mini
No votes
Earlier Gen iPods (e.g. iPod video, photo. ect)
No votes
All of the above
33%

Total votes: 3
ace_xxx
Space Cadet

Pear PC wont work

Post by ace_xxx »

i cant get pear PC to work i've read trough the instructions i have the control panel PPC.EXE the config file the empty
hdd image and the mac os tiger.imgbut when i run it at the control panel i atach the mac image
but i just get a blank screen any 1 know what the problem is?
:(
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

PearPC or Mac OS X may run pretty slow . Have you patiently waited for it to boot for at least 5 minutes? Also , try making a fresh install (if you didn't) . Oh yeah , the Control Panel didn't work for me the last time I ran it , so manually configure PearPC . The configuration file is really easy to understand .
ace_xxx
Space Cadet

Post by ace_xxx »

ppc.exe flashes a window then closes saying usage: ppc config file and control panel wont load it
uyjulian
Apple Corer

Post by uyjulian »

.. Try using Notepad to edit
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

As Julialy said , manually edit the preferences file with your favourite text editor . It is quite easy to understand , actually . Much simply compared to the control panel , to note . There are also remarks in the example preferences file included with the PearPC package provided in eMaculation.com .

Don't rely on automated programs too much .