Wireless Networking in Mac OS X 10.2 with PearPC and Win 7

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

3p1c 0wl
Space Cadet

Wireless Networking in Mac OS X 10.2 with PearPC and Win 7

Post by 3p1c 0wl »

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am having a problem with Wireless Networking in Mac OS X 10.2 with Windows 7 x64. I have installed the 3Com3C90X package for mac and I have installed the TAP Win32 adapter, but when I go into the connections in Windows 7, I do not see the TAP Win32 Adapter. And when I go into Mac OS X, no ports are available in System Preferences>Networking. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
3p1c 0wl :) :) :)

kaylaleitzinger
Space Cadet

Re: Wireless Networking in Mac OS X 10.2 with PearPC and Win

Post by kaylaleitzinger »

I have followed the PearPC.net Networking guide but have not been able to set up networking. I am using PearPC 0.4, Mac OS X 10.2.3 and Windows XP SP2.

Now, I have an IP address 'not in the range of 192.168.0.*' and have installed OpenVPN 2.0.5. I've set up Internet Connection Sharing alternatively on my Local Area Network (as per the guide) and on my Wireless Network Connection (which I use to gain Internet access). The Realtek 8139 Network Card is enabled in my PearPC configuration.

Once in Mac OS X, however, and in the Network preferences, no new port is detected and the 'Built-in Ethernet' listed is greyed out and inaccessible, leaving me, tragically, with a Mac with no Internet.

(Web link removed)
Last edited by Ronald P. Regensburg on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed web link
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Wireless Networking in Mac OS X 10.2 with PearPC and Win

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Networking in 10.2 requires a specific action, not required for networking other versions of Max OS X in pearpc.
To enable networking in 10.2.x, you'll need to install the 3com driver (download available from pearpc.net: http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/downloads ... sw-pkg.iso ). It is a small disk image that you need to add as second hard disk in the config file. And you'll need to select the 3Com networking option in the pearpc config file.

Once you have installed the 3Com driver in 10.2.x, a new networking device will show up in the network dialogue.

Best,
Cat_7