PearPC repository moved to Github

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ElGuillermo
Student Driver

PearPC repository moved to Github

Post by ElGuillermo »

Hi !

Yesterday, Sebastian Biallas has send a message through the Pearpc-devel mailing list, saying he has moved the PearPC code repository from SourceForge (http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/) to Github (https://github.com/sebastianbiallas/pearpc).
Hopefully this makes merging patches easier. Additionally, I made the repository compile under clang and the assembler shipped with Mac OS X.
Note the README : "This is the EXPERIMENTAL release PearPC 0.6pre"

Years ago, I thought I'll never hear about PearPC again... But this sounds like this old code still has some life in it :D
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: PearPC repository moved to Github

Post by Cat_7 »

That seems to mean we can run PearPC with Jit enabled in OSX, without going through Wine.
I'll see if I can create a build one of these days.

Best,
Cat_7
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Fantastic! Everything old is new again!

Once we've got some built versions I'm going to fiddle about with the pearpc guid download and plug in a new version (and fix the disk images).
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

:D

Sounds like it's almost time for me to re-build my images. Does this mean that networking will now work? Or maybe someone who's been working on networking can add appropriate code to it? :D
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

I wouldn't get my hopes up to high yet ;-). I built something in OSX from the new source that crashes all the time even before boot. Cause is the JIT, which raised problems before on OSX.

I'm sure someone can do better...

Best,
Cat_7