GrapeDesk v1.2

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

GrapeDesk v1.2

Post by Silent Flamer »

I did it . I just erased my entire v1.2 program that was in devolopment . I'm starting from scratch . I looked at the other versions , and they seem useless and messy . Sure , GrapeDesk v1.2 was quite neat . but I still needed lots to do . So , instead , I'm first asking anyone in this forum about what functions you might need . No , no need for Applesoft BASIC or anything . Just ask for any reasonable function to be added .
IPalindromeI
Tinkerer

Post by IPalindromeI »

I'd recommend making a "core" OS - just basically the UI engine, and a file browser. a Plain text editor would be nice too.

Then slowly add more addon software. I'd say maybe a rich text editor and image editor, maybe a simple game.
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

I'm not that advanced . I was planning to make a neat little operating system , but I can't . The problem's not because I'm lazy , it's because I can't find any manuals that will help me continue learning . I only know basic programming , with no experience with binary files , data files and such . In fact , I can't find out how to use text files! I know the commands , but they're not working out for me .

Please note that GrapeDesk is an Apple II software . Rich text editors and image editors are not possible .
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

However , is there anything else guys? If someone can teach me or find me a manual for binary files and machine language , please inform me . As I said earlier , anything else I should implement in here?
kataetheweirdo
Master Emulator

Post by kataetheweirdo »

I found this:
http://www.6502.org/

Considering the Apple II uses a 6502, I figure there must be some software to compile something in this language.
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

Thanks for that . In fact , there is a document in there about the Apple II , and another document by Woz . However , I need to mildly understand the memory addresses (as in which is occupied , can they be cleared , which are free and empty and what will happen if I save Applesoft BASIC commands in them) . Still looking...