I-Mac Running 8.6 and looking for games

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

JSchneider4589
Space Cadet

I-Mac Running 8.6 and looking for games

Post by JSchneider4589 »

Hi I have an I-Mac I purchased for some old school games in order to skip the hassle of emulating, now I realize I have more problems than I suspected. I so far have started a decent library of old games I transfered through a thumb drive, but there are several things I'm missing in my collection that I am desperately trying to obtain. I found a good torrent of old mac addict shareware discs i used to collect that are in a now unreadable state. My issue is they are in a .iso format. I was wondering is there an extension I can get to run the .iso disc images on the old mac, or would it be better/possible to burn them as a fresh disc that the mac can read? (I have tried burning an .iso and it is unreadable by the mac)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Also, any suggestions on how to get more game for this thing would be great too
JSchneider4589
Space Cadet

Re: I-Mac Running 8.6 and looking for games

Post by JSchneider4589 »

So far Toast seems to be the best bet to get them running, it may seem silly but at this point I'm limited on resources, but my plan is to use toast to burn it to a cd on the mac and then just use the final disc i created. Problem now is blank discs are not showing up, and they are cd-R so I can't put anything on them to trigger the warning about reinitializing the disc because they will be locked.. :\

UPDATE: after looking harder I noticed I can mount it directly through toast, silly me.
Does anyone know where I can find a download for Shockwave 8?
JSchneider4589
Space Cadet

Post by JSchneider4589 »

Shockwave 8 and really any version you will ever need
https://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/kb/st ... layer.html
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

All the old games:

http://macintoshgarden.org/