Kinda got 10.2 working :D

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

celebi23
Granny Smith

Kinda got 10.2 working :D

Post by celebi23 »

So, using this topic for the basic setup, I was able to get 10.2 successfully installed in QEMU. It took a tiny bit of work to get the installation to continue on the 2nd disc but, it works pretty decently. The 2 major issues are the lack of sound and internet connection.

I was able to copy various files by mounting the HD dmg image and just copying files to it. I tried running Fallout 1 & 2 (the OmniGroup versions from 2002/2003) but, the OmniGroup Crash Catcher opened right after the splash screen for both games.

I tried installing the realtek driver but, after reboot, it didn't help.

I tried to update to 10.2.8 via the combo update but, I got stuck here:

Everything froze. The cursor disappeared as well. I know that it's still pretty early/rough but, it's pretty encouraging that I got this far :D
neozeed
Apple Corer

Re: Kinda got 10.2 working :D

Post by neozeed »

aww that's too bad. I always did like 10.2
don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
mcayland
Mac Mechanic

Post by mcayland »

I reckon it's worth trying this again given the large number of fixes that have appeared since January when this was posted - let us know how you get on :)
celebi23
Granny Smith

Post by celebi23 »

mcayland wrote:I reckon it's worth trying this again given the large number of fixes that have appeared since January when this was posted - let us know how you get on :)
Oh, yeah, I know. I've just been posting stuff in the main Qemu topic. Messing around with OS 9 and Tiger a bit. Might try Jaguar again later today.