"File sharing could not be enabled."

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

SSS
Granny Smith

"File sharing could not be enabled."

Post by SSS »

I'm running a Basilisk II virtual machine on a spare machine to operate as a virtual server, of sorts. One of the things I need for it is file sharing. File sharing has worked fine for me all of the time before, but today it seems to have decided to stop working. When I try to enable it in the Sharing Setup control panel, I just get an error saying "File sharing could not be enabled." This baffles me because I have NOT changed anything regarding networking or the like, so why it is not working is beyond me. I tried zapping the PRAM file, resetting the Basilisk II prefs, re-installing the File Sharing component and Open Transport, and deleting the File Sharing preferences, but to no avail. I can confirm that Open Transport IS functioning, as I am able to access the internet.

I am running Basilisk II build 142, running System 7.5.5 with Open Transport 1.3. Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It turns out, one of the virtual hard disks that were mounted was causing the problem. I got rid of it, and it's working now. :)