Login  •  Register

The time is now: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
 Post subject: Re: BasiliskII for Linux
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:59 pm 
Space Cadet

Okay, tested the filesharing between two machines emulating MacOS 7.5.4, and still no luck. Netatalk, the linux implementation of AppleTalk, doesn't see the emulations either... Does any of this usually work? If so, could the problem be related to the fact, that I'm trying this over a Wi-Fi network?

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 am 
Forum All-Star

fatfreddie wrote:
If so, could the problem be related to the fact, that I'm trying this over a Wi-Fi network?

Probably. Can you plug in an ethernet cable or two and try it with a wired network?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:26 am 
Expert User

Hi,

Most routers do not support Appletalk over wireless connections.
Even our Appletalk solution for OSX with the IpNetRouter software doesn't have an implementation of Appletalk over wireless. The developer never implemented it. And modern-day router developers consider it to be a legacy protocol.

Best,
Cat_7

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm 
Space Cadet

That explains that! ...it's a pity though, I hoped to get it working in some way, since I don't have the option to revert to a wired connection... Well, on the other hand it's just a detail, I can still share the files over the host machines and make them available in the Unix folders.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:28 pm 
Space Cadet

For what it's worth, I can share files using Appletalk between Basilisk II running OS 7.5.3 on a Winxp machine using Wifi and real Mac's hard wired to the same router, but only by first setting the Network control panel on the Basilisk and on the real Mac's (where applicable) to 'Classic Networking' so that all the machines are using MacTCP instead of Open Transport, with the rider that the Basilisk can find the Mac's in it's chooser window but not the other way round.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm 
Space Cadet

Hi Cat,

I have installed BasiliskII on Ubunto running inside VirtualBox on a Mac Mini and when I start BasiliskII in fullscreen mode* my mouse curser appears at top left of the Mac desktop but then disappears making it impossible to use.

*I'm using a HD TV as a monitor

I'm also using a K400 Logitech wireless keyboard which works fine under VirtualBox and Ubuntu.

Can you suggest a fix?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:31 pm 
Space Cadet

After running Basilisk II for several years problem free on Xubuntu 12.04 LTS I upgrade this past week (same hardware, new OS). In order to mirror my OS disks I had to use Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS and then add the Xubuntu Desktop. Today i attempted to reinstall Basilisk II using the same software I had been using; BasiliskII_SDL_Linux_13_09_2010. I can't get it to run.

I'm seeing the error: "error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", which is very similar to a problem that was addressed in a much earlier response. I've read through all the responses to date and have tried anything that seemed remotely relevant to no avail. I suspect because I installed Ubuntu Server I'm probably missing a package (or several).

One thing I noticed was that the default PATH did not contain a pointer to /usr/lib, so I included that. I also added every gtk package that looked appropriate. GCC and G++ are both installed.

Any suggestions on packages that may be missing? Anything other suggestions? I'd really like to get BasiliskII working again...

Earl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:21 pm 
Forum All-Star

My guess is that it is compiled against a libgtk object file for x11, and the change in x server has messed things up somehow? It seems to me a recompile using current SDL, GTK and xorg libs *should* do the trick.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3