Basilisk II won't recognise ROM or run after crash

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

glennrice
Space Cadet

Basilisk II won't recognise ROM or run after crash

Post by glennrice »

Hello fellow Emaculators

I set up Basilisk II to run OS 7.5.3 on my G4 Powerbook, which runs OS X 10.5.8. The emulator was working just fine, until I tinkered with the virtual memory settings. I've since read on these forums that doing that is a no-no, so at least I understand what caused my installation of Basilisk to crash.

The thing is I simply can't get Basilisk o run since then. I've trashed the old installation and downloaded a fresh one. I've attempted to boot using exactly the same (Proforma) ROM as worked previously, but all I get every time is a Sad Mac icon and a spinning wheel of death. I've reset my computer's PRAM & NVRAM and verified the hard disk, but to no avail.

Also, I'm running OS 9 on Sheepshaver simultaneously with no problems, if that's of any significance.

I'd be very grateful for any advice and help. Many thanks in antcipation.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Re: Basilisk II won't recognise ROM or run after crash

Post by emendelson »

Look at the second message in this thread:

http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=7379
glennrice
Space Cadet

Re: Basilisk II won't recognise ROM or run after crash

Post by glennrice »

As I think you will have predicted, that worked perfectly first time. :smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time to attend to my issue - I really appreciate it. And thanks also for helping to maintain this site and for putting so much time and effort into it. I'm only just discovering the many joys of emulation. Its a great pleasure, and it's a real boon to have such a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable person as yourself to refer to about it.

Thanks again.

Best wishes
Glenn