Basilisk II Android port - progress thread

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

motogen
Student Driver

Re: Basilisk II Android port - progress thread

Post by motogen »

Hi all!
Got a great time with basilisk on my android tablet. But faced a problem. I managed to run old 2CD game "Cassandra galleries" but in the end of 1 half game asks for inserted 2nd disk. I have both disks on desktop of my emulated macos8.1 but have no idea how to swap disks. Please help.
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

This app works for me with BII OS8 to mount CD images: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/virtual ... cd-utility
Maybe you can fool the game to "think" both CDs are inserted.
I´m not aware of a way to swap removable volumes in BII.

I did not try with 7 though - the CD images have to be copied onto a volume to be mounted by BII obviously. ;)
As BII for Android does handle files from a USB stick, it should not be too hard.
motogen
Student Driver

Post by motogen »

Thank you so much!!!!
With that utility I have really tricked the game. I have mounted both disks and when the game asked for 2nd disk just "ejected" 1st and... it works!
zurielseven
Space Cadet

Post by zurielseven »

I have Basilisk II running smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 inch with a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse and it is quite amazing! Thank you to all of the amazing folks who have put work in on this project!

There are a few issues that I have noticed: perhaps the good folks on this board can tell me if they're hardware specific or a function of the current build status.
1) the GUI only allows me to list 4 img, iso, hfv, or dsk files
2) I can't seem to get Basilisk II to read the .basilisk_ii_prefs file to mount an *.iso as cdrom in the emulator
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

4MB? Thats strange.
On my 7 inch Lenovo tablet, I can assign 512MB RAM to BasiliskII, not that I would need it. :)
As for ISO files, I can´t select those via the GUI either, but its possible to add ISO volumes in the .basilisk_ii_prefs with your favorite text editor, e.g Jota.
After adding the file by hand it shows up in the GUI as it should.
The prefs file is located at /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/net.cebix.basilisk in my case.

BTW, you may also set your preferred screen dimensions for BII in the prefs file, in case the Mac screen does not look right.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

I think you might have misread his post, or I'm missing something.

The GUI only allows him to list 4 image files. I don't see anything about memory size?
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

Yes, my bad again. Four volumes, not four MB.
The known BII build for Android does indeed have a limitation of four volumes, no matter how they are added.
Hi-res screens and bad eyes do not seem to work well together. :)
Dagobertus
Inquisitive Elf

Re: Basilisk II Android port - command line keys

Post by Dagobertus »

Hello World,

I am new to this forum and for that matter also new to the Macintosh 64k.
I am running the Basilisk II port based on SDL from te playstore and it generally works just fine, but I can not get the Apple command key mapped properly.
I am running Basilisk II on a tablet with Bluetooth keyboard attached and Android catches all but two of all function/special keys beofore they ever get through to the emulator.
And those two keys are already needed - so I can't remap them.
If I remap any of the others, I'll loose a letter of the alphabet or some other digit..

Can anyone help me out here?