Problems installing on windows 10.

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

MacSEMacPlus
Student Driver

Problems installing on windows 10.

Post by MacSEMacPlus »

Hi so whenever i try to launch basilikII and sheepshaver GUI it crashes and i dont know why. Ive read the whole setup guide and carefully did everything and this is still happening. The dll is in there. and GTK is installed (recommended version for emulators)

My OS Is Windows 10 build 1607.

I am using basilikII versions: 15-01-2010 and 20-02-2015

Sheepshaver versions: 05_05_2010 and 06-05-2013

What the error looks like: http://imgur.com/wzkqhTs
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Re: Problems installing on windows 10.

Post by Jorpho »

Why do you have GTKSharp? That is definitely not the "recommended version for emulators".

You should use the version linked from http://emaculation.com/doku.php/basilisk_ii_setup . It is substantially older than the current version.
MacSEMacPlus
Student Driver

Post by MacSEMacPlus »

Thats not correct its still doing the same issue i did download it from the guide.

Just to add in i have Gtk# 2.12 aswell.
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

MacSEMacPlus wrote:Just to add in i have Gtk# 2.12 aswell.
The question remains: why do you have it? Clearly the problem is that the programs are trying to use Gtk# and not the version from the wiki. If you only have Gtk# because you were trying to get Basilisk II and Sheepshaver running, and you do not need Gtk# for any particular reason, then the easiest solution would probably be to uninstall it (from the Programs and Features control panel), and then re-install the version from the wiki.

If you do need to keep Gtk# for some reason, then you may have a problem getting the two versions to co-exist. GTK relies on environment variables and you may need to set up some sort of batch file to set the variables before launching Basilisk II or Sheepshaver, and then change them back after you finish running them.

Of course, if necessary you can just do without the GUIs and edit the configuration files manually.
MacSEMacPlus
Student Driver

Post by MacSEMacPlus »

Thanks Gtk# came with unity and uninstalling it did no harm to it.