Basilisk keeps ejecting Mac OS cd

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

crazyp
Space Cadet

Basilisk keeps ejecting Mac OS cd

Post by crazyp »

Every time I try to boot from cd I get the happy mac symbol and it immidiatly ejects the cd. What am I doing wrong?
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Basilisk keeps ejecting Mac OS cd

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

We need to know a bit more before trying to answer your question:
-On what host system are you trying to install?
-Are you using an original Apple install disk or some disk you burned from a disk image?
-What version of Mac OS are you trying to install?
-What rom file are you using?

However, most of the time the issue is with the CD itself.

Best,
Cat_7
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

From another post by you (crazyp) I understand that you are trying BasiliskII in OSX. Assuming that you use a compatible system CD, if you use OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion), you will need to make a disk image from the CD and add the image file to BasiliskII volumes list to boot from. Mountain Lion prevents mounting CDs in BasiliskII and SheepShaver. You can use Disk Utility to make the CD image. Use "DVD/CD Master" for the format. The installer will only run from a read-only volume, so make sure you lock the image file in OSX Finder before using it in BasiliskII.
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

I thought I replied to this. Seems the server didn't get it.

In either case, I'm guessing that Basilisk II doesn't recognize the CD as HFS and ejects the drive to ask for another disk.

What happens after it ejects? Does Basilisk II show a blinking floppy disk? If it does, I'm guessing what I just said is correct.