Hypercard / Configuring SCSI devices (CD drives)

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

nicolasguerrerob
Space Cadet

Hypercard / Configuring SCSI devices (CD drives)

Post by nicolasguerrerob »

I succesfully (it seems, at least) installed BasiliskII on my Intel-based Macbook Pro. After installing Hypercard on Basilisk, when i try to run it or any of the Hypercard based apps, Basilisk will just freeze and i have to force-quit it.

I am now trying to open the Hypercard game from the disk, or copy it directly from the disk into basilisk (as opposed to thruogh the Shared folder), but i think i need to configure my cd drive on the SCSI tab in preferences. What's the best way to go about doing this?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi, welcome!

If you copy your file from the shared folder, you should take care not to copy it only to the Mac OS desktop, but into the disk where you installed Mac OS.
If you want to use a CD, just insert it in OSX, wait until it is recognized and then start Basilisk. If Basilisk can read the disk, it will present it on the desktop. There is no need to configure SCSI drives.

What OS have you installed in Basilisk?

Best,
Cat_7
Korkman
Tinkerer

Post by Korkman »

Just a hint for HyperCard. If your game ("stack") uses transition effects (fade and stuff) and they perform very bad, use SheepShaver instead of Basilisk, which skips transitions entirely.