Compiling Basilisk in XCode

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Compiling Basilisk in XCode

Post by sentient06 »

Is that possible?
My XCode is 3.2.3. No idea how this is working, though. I got thousands of errors, obviously I did something wrong.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Compiling Basilisk in XCode

Post by Cat_7 »

Our member Myrd is looking into getting sheepshaver compiled with Xcode. Perhaps, as Basilisk shares a lot of code with SheepShaver, this will also lead to Basilisk being able to be compiled in Xcode. For now, the compiling instructions are here:
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/com ... r_basilisk

Best,
Cat_7
sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Post by sentient06 »

This is interesting.. I mean.. if Basilisk and SS share lot of code, wouldn't that be possible to join both into a single, more powerful emulator? Just wondering...
Myrd
Granny Smith

Post by Myrd »

Although that would be possible, and definitely awesome, it would probably be quite involved. The problem is that the pieces that aren't shared have very similar structures - i.e. same function names and such, but different code between Basilisk and SheepShaver.

So we would need to either namespace or refactor the code to make something like this work, and I can imagine it wouldn't be a trivial task.