Oxyd in Basilisk II

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Abster
Space Cadet

Oxyd in Basilisk II

Post by Abster »

For the most part, the various Oxyd games work correctly on Basilisk II, but there's a minor but annoying issue with both the original Oxyd and Oxyd Magnum. On the title screen the startup sound plays continuously, and when I press escape to go to landscape impressions, it immediately disappears as if there was a keyboard or mouse response and goes right back to the title screen where I'm overwhelmed by that constant sound again. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the emulator or that of my emulator settings.
Adam P
Tinkerer

Re: Oxyd in Basilisk II

Post by Adam P »

Oxyd appears to play this sound when "someone joins" for the game’s network feature. There is a constant feedback with the emulation and response on the default setting (AppleTalk?)—a false positive. I've managed to stop this sound by switching the network setting—albeit an invalid setting.

If you manage to get to the play screen, a bigger problem with the emulation of Oxyd shows: the mouse cursor reading being too sensitive, making it difficult to play with the ball flying all over the place. ADB mouse emulation plus turning the speed (Mouse c-panel) way down might help.
Abster
Space Cadet

Re: Oxyd in Basilisk II

Post by Abster »

My mouse sensitivity seems alright. Thanks for the suggestion Adam P. That fixed the repeated sound issue.