Word 5.2 Installer and locked files

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

dmnypl
Space Cadet

Word 5.2 Installer and locked files

Post by dmnypl »

Hello,

I'm trying to install MS Word 5.2 in BasiliskII under OS7.5.3. When running the installer, I'm getting an error from the installer stating that the installer is locked, but according to the OS, the files are not locked -- see below.

I've tried mounting the image as a volume, copying the files from the image into a new volume, and mounting the image in OSX and copying the files into my Shared folder and then copying into a new volume. Regardless of method I get the same errors. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Any general suggestions for getting a mac version of word running on BasiliskII would be of great help.

Thanks,

dm
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Word 5.2 Installer and locked files

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi, which host system are you using? On what media are the installer files? Floppy disk images?
Oops, didn't see the text below the images.
Is the disk image you are installing from itself locked. Please check in OSX.

Best,
Cat_7
Last edited by Cat_7 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:  
dmnypl
Space Cadet

Post by dmnypl »

My host system is OSX 10.7.5. Any files I've tried to run the installers from have originally been from floppy disk images made with a KryoFlux (400/800k encoding disk definition). I've created other disk images with the same device and have not run into this 'locked' problem. But, as I mentioned above I've tried copying the files out of the disk images into new volumes created with basiliskII, but I end up having the same problem.

Thanks

D
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

Wow a KryoFlux, always wanted one. :)

Change the image IDs to T: dimg and C: ddsk with a suitable app in B_II.
That way it always worked for me removing the lock symbol from images that were locked for weird reasons e.g. when copying them from a CD.