Mountain lion problem?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

DaveGadgeteer
Space Cadet

Mountain lion problem?

Post by DaveGadgeteer »

I'm trying to install Basilisk II for the first time, on a Mac Pro (Intel) running OS X.8.3.
I downloaded the one from this site (2009 version), and when I run it it exits instantly, leaving the following in the Console Log:

5/23/13 10:50:41.427 PM BasiliskII[60696]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
5/23/13 10:50:41.427 PM BasiliskII[60696]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

Is there a way to get past this?
Since I've never had it running, I have no disk image set up, and no preferences set. I haven't figured out how to tell it about the ROM image.

edit:
OK, I just read further and see that I need the 2011 Basilisk II GUI with the 2009 Basilisk II. Now the GUI runs, so maybe I can take another step...
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Mountain lion problem?

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

What you describe is BasiliskII quitting on launch when no ROM file can be found. Make sure you have a compatible ROM file and have it referred to correctly in the GUI application. Do you follow our setup guide? See: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bas ... _osx_setup

(The lines in Console log are 'normal' and do not indicate a problem with BasiliskII.)
sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Re: Mountain lion problem?

Post by sentient06 »

Mmmm also, if you have retina, it could happen that this 2009 compilation renders the screen very small. Recent versions work fine though.