Who wants to try out Basilisk II on Mac OS 10.9 (dev)?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

uyjulian
Apple Corer

Who wants to try out Basilisk II on Mac OS 10.9 (dev)?

Post by uyjulian »

When it comes out. (Or whoever has their hands on the development version of it)

So yeah, WWDC is going on today.

So, discuss.
sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Re: Who wants to try out Basilisk II on Mac OS 10.9 (dev)?

Post by sentient06 »

Did it yesterday. So far looks good.

I would, however, argue about the necessity to update the source code to comply to OSX general policies. If a group of interested developers could make a working Cocoa project out of Basilisk and/or Sheepshaver, we could add some nice features like OSX fullscreen support and maybe work on a guest-system application to reset the resolution based on the window size. Would be awesome!

Anyway, so far it works as we know it. I didn't test fullscreen yet, Mavericks is a bit unstable and I used only for a couple of hours. Lots of applications crash (those that don't ship with the system), but Basilisk behaves nicely. I'm afraid mission control could have some side effects if we try a fullscreen because it has lots of bugs with other applications as well (I used a mac with two displays). I'll test better this weekend and if I find something interesting I'll let you know.

uyjulian
Apple Corer

Re: Who wants to try out Basilisk II on Mac OS 10.9 (dev)?

Post by uyjulian »

sentient06 wrote:Did it yesterday. So far looks good.

I would, however, argue about the necessity to update the source code to comply to OSX general policies. If a group of interested developers could make a working Cocoa project out of Basilisk and/or Sheepshaver, we could add some nice features like OSX fullscreen support and maybe work on a guest-system application to reset the resolution based on the window size. Would be awesome!

Anyway, so far it works as we know it. I didn't test fullscreen yet, Mavericks is a bit unstable and I used only for a couple of hours. Lots of applications crash (those that don't ship with the system), but Basilisk behaves nicely. I'm afraid mission control could have some side effects if we try a fullscreen because it has lots of bugs with other applications as well (I used a mac with two displays). I'll test better this weekend and if I find something interesting I'll let you know.

Nice!
I'm learning Cocca myself too :-)