"More complete mouse emulation" Missing in Current Builds

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

jFenton
Space Cadet

"More complete mouse emulation" Missing in Current Builds

Post by jFenton »

Well I know it's my first time posting here but please bear with me. Still getting the hang of this.

It appears that at some point, the "More complete ADB mouse emulation" option may have been removed from builds of Basilisk II in the last couple years. From what I could tell, the old option was "mousemovementmode 0/1" but it is ignored these days. I was wondering if there was some option in source to add it back? Building with default options from source on github still seems to lack this feature (and I really wanna play Arashi and Marathon).
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: "More complete mouse emulation" Missing in Current Build

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

The specific functionality of Basilisk142 for Windows was not replicated in the newer versions in order to keep all Basilisk in sync for all supported platforms. However, the most recent builds support keeping the mouse in the application window with Ctrl-F5, and switching between window/full screen with Ctrl-Enter. Does that work for you?

Best,
Cat_7
jFenton
Space Cadet

Re: "More complete mouse emulation" Missing in Current Build

Post by jFenton »

I guess I didn't realize that functionality was specific to Windows - which makes more sense! I didn't end up finding anything for Unix OSes (which is what I'm using) while searching for information on this. Unfortunately, mouse locking makes no difference. By default, I have Basilisk II running in fullscreen mode but for clarity, windowed and fullscreen make no difference. I think that whatever that feature for ADB emulation was, may be integral to making some of these games work. Should this be submitted as a bug on git?