BaslilskII will not start!

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

SamL
Space Cadet

BaslilskII will not start!

Post by SamL »

I am running OSX 10.9.1.

When opening my BasiliskII, it shows a glimpse of the OS 7.5.3 startup screen, then immediately quits.

Here's how it started.

I installed Spaceway2000 (a game), and noticed that sounds were not functioning properly in the game. It advised me to allocate more memory, so I went to the Memory control panel, and increased the virtual memory (I believe that's what it was, it was the bottom bar on the Memory control panel). It crashed the emulator, and BasiliskII, so I force quit. It is now inoperable, but the GUI app is still accessible.

I tried deleting the entire BasiliskII folder, then downloaded another copy and rebuilt the folder. Still, I cannot use BasiliskII at all.

I would greatly appreciate help in getting it running again.
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: BaslilskII will not start!

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You can only fully remove Basilisk if you also remove two hidden files from your home folder.
Open a terminal and type "ls -a" You will find two Basilisk-related files beginning with a . (dot).
remove them by typing "rm .filename" (Check the file names. I currently cannot check their exact names).

Best,
Cat_7
SamL
Space Cadet

Re: BaslilskII will not start!

Post by SamL »

Thanks! All is well.

The two hidden files were ".basilisk_ii_prefs" and ".basilisk_ii_xpram".