can't get 7.5.3 from apple loaded in basisk

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

diakonia
Student Driver

can't get 7.5.3 from apple loaded in basisk

Post by diakonia »

i was following the instructions at http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/bas ... _osx_setup but when i get to the steps of this

"download the 19 installer parts for System 7.5.3 from Apple and place them in the folder.
Take a look at the file names. If the first is named with a ”.smi” extension and the others with a ”.part” extension, you can skip the next step of double-clicking all files individually. Double-clicking the files will unpack them, leaving you with the double amount of files in the folder. When finished, remove the files not named with the “.smi” or “.part” extensions."

i can download the files but when i click on the System 7.5.3 01of19.smi i get the message
"warning
the following disk images couldn't be opened
system 7.5.3 01of19x legacy image should be converted

I'm not sure what to do
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: can't get 7.5.3 from apple loaded in basisk

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,
Some browsers do not automatically unpack the downloaded files, so that has to be done manually.
The guide says:
If the first is named with a ”.smi” extension and the others with a ”.part” extension, you can skip the next step of double-clicking all files individually.
Obviously your browser did unpack the files, so please skip that step and continue with running the Basilisk GUI.

Best,
Cat_7
diakonia
Student Driver

Post by diakonia »

ok thanks - guessed i missed that - will try going on from there
diakonia
Student Driver

Post by diakonia »

got it working - thanks for all of your help