My previous post is inaccessible due to a phpBB configuration issue. So I am posting this new thread just to update you on the solution.
In my initial post I described installing Basilisk II (BasiliskII_32bit-etherhelper-SDL.zip
) and tuntaposx (tuntap_20150118.tar.gz
) in OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), but finding that networking was not functioning properly within Basilisk II. The Basilisk II and tuntaposx installations looked fine, and I could see that both started up properly; but when Basilisk II started up, it would fail to create the proper tuntaposx interface needed for networking.
It turns out that in OS X 10.11, you need to temporarily disable System Integrity Protection (SIP):
1. Reboot while holding Command-R to start up on the OS X recovery partition.
2. Run Utilities > Terminal.
3. Enter the 'csrutil disable' command.
4. Reboot normally.
5. Run Basilisk II to allow it to configure the tuntaposx interface while SIP is disabled.
6. Re-enable SIP (with 'csrutil enable').
7 Reboot normally again.
Once you do this, Basilisk will be able to set up the tuntaposx interface from that point onward, and everything is peachy.