How to re-configure Option and Command keys on Windows?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

basilisk2user
Student Driver

How to re-configure Option and Command keys on Windows?

Post by basilisk2user »

When I press Option, for instance to make symbols in Key Caps or empty the trash without the dialog box, Basilisk II minimizes to the Windows taskbar when in fullscreen and pops up the Windows start menu when in windowed mode. This is because the Windows Logo key is a shortcut to pop up the Start menu. When B2 is fullscreen, the Windows key needs to "switch" back to the Windows environment so that the Start menu can be accessed.

What I want to know is how can I: re-map Option and Command so that they're associated with, say, Fn and Alt, and/or, make B2 the "focused" program so that pressing the Windows key only performs functions within the emulator environment until I quit B2. It would be kinda nice to have a Windows equivalent of the iconic Mac "logo" where the Command key ought to be. I forgot to ask Santa for an actual Mac :)
Po Lu
Student Driver

Re: How to re-configure Option and Command keys on Windows?

Post by Po Lu »

basilisk2user wrote:When I press Option, for instance to make symbols in Key Caps or empty the trash without the dialog box, Basilisk II minimizes to the Windows taskbar when in fullscreen and pops up the Windows start menu when in windowed mode. This is because the Windows Logo key is a shortcut to pop up the Start menu. When B2 is fullscreen, the Windows key needs to "switch" back to the Windows environment so that the Start menu can be accessed.

What I want to know is how can I: re-map Option and Command so that they're associated with, say, Fn and Alt, and/or, make B2 the "focused" program so that pressing the Windows key only performs functions within the emulator environment until I quit B2. It would be kinda nice to have a Windows equivalent of the iconic Mac "logo" where the Command key ought to be. I forgot to ask Santa for an actual Mac :)
There is:
right-alt=option
left-alt=cmd
My forums:
oldosfan.freeforums.net
polu.boards.net
Join please!
iThank you, steven p. jobs."
mabam
Master Emulator

Re: How to re-configure Option and Command keys on Windows?

Post by mabam »

basilisk2user wrote:What I want to know is how can I: re-map Option and Command so that they're associated with, say, Fn and Alt, …
A solution for this was posted here:
http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5543